Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Letter To The Stage

My last semester at Kent State University is approaching and has become a realization of many of my hopes, dreams and accomplishments in my life. While attending KSU I was able to not only improve my technique as a dancer but grow as a person , choreographer and teacher. I have studied many styles of ballet (including Cecchetti and Balanchine technique) and modern dance (including May O’Donnell, Erick Hawkins and Postmodern Release techniques).

Tamara Landry

As graduation gets closer, I can’t believe the overwhelming feeling of excitement that has filled my life with joy. Dancing for the Kent State University Dance Division has been a wonderful journey for me. As I complete my year, I will never forget the teachers and students that have been a part of my educational and life-learning experiences. I love you all-- and remember, the stage is not only for performances, but it is also a part of our life everyday for exploring and performing our talent for dance.

--Tamara Landry (BFA Dance Major)

No comments:

Post a Comment