Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Freshman Reflections: Elizabeth Kneiss

My first audition in the dance program was the faculty dance concert audition. I was nervous watching all the other dancers, who were upperclassmen, get the choreography easily. I was stuck in the back of the room, knowing little to nothing about modern dance. After learning all four dances, I was eagerly watching the clock waiting for it to all be over. I would say that I was very unprepared for the talent and experience everyone else had. After a month and a half of being in a Modern class, auditions for BFA were near. Going into these auditions I felt more prepared and knew what to expect. I went into the room knowing more about body placement and "feeling" of modern dance. Overall, being in new styles of classes has helped me to grow as a dancer.

--Elizabeth Kneiss (BFA Dance Major)

No comments:

Post a Comment