Monday, December 6, 2010

Dance '10

This weekend was the premiere of Dance '10: TranscenDANCE. The show had a really great turnout, and was even sold out on opening night. This concert had six very diverse performances choreographed by our very own full- and part-time faculty members. I was in three of the six dances in this concert and it was quite an experience. Aside from the Kent Dance Ensemble concert last year, I have not danced that much in a faculty dance concert. It wasn't remembering the choreography to three different dances that was the hard part, it was maintaining my stamina and energy. I got the oppurtunity to dance with some amazing fellow dancers and also got the experience to partner with some very talented and marvelous men (Sabatino and Dominic). As a senior, it was very bittersweet to think that this was my last faculty concert that I will be performing in as a dance major at Kent State. I am sad to leave but very excited for what the future will hold! I want to thank the faculty for allowing me to perform in this concert and leave it all on that stage one last time this semester. I also want to thank all of my fellow cast members... you all kept me going and I couldn't have done it without you guys, I love you all!!!

Check out this picture that has almost all the performers involved in Dance '10 TranscenDANCE.

DSCN1542

Until next time...

--Katie Naso (BFA Dance Major)

No comments:

Post a Comment