Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dancing with Finger-paint

With the Student Dance Festival coming closer, and the first rehearsal with my cast just around the corner, I thought I was prepared. I know exactly what I want my piece to be about. I chose a couple different pieces of music I like and want to use. I have the costumes planned out in my head.

But then I get hit.

With green paint.

I dream about it. I see glimpses of it as I go about my daily routine. I can feel it squish under my toes and its texture drape across my back. I want to choreograph it. I want to mold the paint through space, spread it across the floor and flick it through the air. The only question now is how. In my mind, it is epic and curious and the most intense finger painting the Dance Divisiont has ever seen.

Green Foot

--Michelle Brown (BFA Dance Major)

No comments:

Post a Comment