Thursday, February 11, 2010

More great news from T&D alumni!

(Moderator's Note: Mary Vaccani graduated from the School of Theatre and Dance with BFA in Dance Performance and Choreography in 2006.)

All,

Hello! I wanted to give everyone back in Kent an update. I was just hired at Lebo's Dancewear working in sales and marketing. It's a full time position with a lot of potential growth. I'm very excited about this position because aside from the desk job portion, it will allow me to travel to dance conventions (and possibly take classes and make connections), help during photo shoots with proper placement/technique of the models, and have a small say in costume designs. The best part is working in a field that is connected to dance.

I also have been dancing for Split Second Sound DJ Company. We do high end corporate events and weddings. We are gearing up for our "Sinatra" gig. We are doing 4 jazz dances for a several corporate events next weekend. Then in April we will be traveling to Richmond, Virginia to perform.

I'm still teaching here in Charlotte. I choreographed my dream dance. It's called "Poison Ivy." We had a costume designer come in and create the exact image I had in my head. The "dance dads" down here built a large cage-like pyramid for the dancers to crawl in, out, and around. The whole experience has been a lot of fun.

I hope everyone at KSU is doing well. I want to thank all the Theatre and Dance faculty at KSU. From "Intro to Dance" to the internship at Porthouse Theatre, and EVERYTHING in the middle, I've been given the tools to start a new and exciting career path on this journey of life. Thank you again!

Mary Vaccani


--Bill Sallak (Asst. Prof./Dance Music Director/Moderator)

No comments:

Post a Comment