Thursday, February 4, 2010

Exciting News from Alumna Kate Leishman

(Moderator's Note: This was sent to us from KSU alumna Kate Leishman. Kate graduated in 2005 with a degree in Dance Performance.)

I just wanted to share a piece of exciting news with all of you. I will officially be joining the faculty of Kalamazoo College this spring! I will be teaching a jazz dance class through the P.E. Department. We do not have a dance program here at the College, and the only dance classes currently offered (both through P.E.) are ballet and ballroom dance. So, I proposed a class and it has been accepted.

I was also asked to advise our dance student organization, Frelon, this year. Frelon offers dance "workshops" which are like master classes throughout the year and produces a large dance concert each spring. I am choreographing a piece for their show that is scheduled for April.

It is really exciting for me to continue to work in Student Affairs/Student Activities, but still have an impact on the students through dance. Thank you for all you instilled in me in my four years at Kent. I am excited to carry on that legacy.

Kate Elizabeth Leishman
Assistant Director of Student Activities
Kalamazoo College

No comments:

Post a Comment