Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tamara Landry: Reflections

Senior year seemed so far away as I was an incoming freshman in August of 2004, but here my senior year is filled with excitement, fear, and the willingness to survive in the business world of arts. When I was in my junior year I was in the dance education program, and one of my biggest fears while in the program was that I had to pass my Praxis exam to become a certified dance educator. After many attempts to pass the exam I had not reach my goal. Completing my junior year I decided that I would take a year off and work in the field of dance. Taking a leap of faith I decided to move to New York and was offered work in Brooklyn teaching dance at a YMCA. That year off from school, I was able to work on my craft as a dance educator while being able to adjust to corporate America. In 2010 I returned to college to finish my degree in dance performance. As I returned I understood the most important part of education is to complete what you have begun. One thing that I have learned from all the dance educators here at Kent State is, no matter what you do, it’s how you do it-- and to never give up on your goals in life.

--Tamara Landry (BFA Dance Performance Major)

No comments:

Post a Comment