Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Student Perspectives: Emily Perrott

[Moderator's Note: Student Perspectives posts are meant to open a window onto student experience in the Kent State University School of Theatre and Dance. Thanks to Dance Division Director Andrea Shearer for encouraging students in her Intro to Dance class to use the blog as a forum for their experiences. And of course, thanks to Emily for writing.]

I've only been here a little over a month, but I'm already beginning to learn so much about myself as a dancer. One of the most amazing things I've witnessed thus far is the growth of my Modern I class on Fridays during Improvisation. At first, we each seemed a little bit unsure about putting themselves out there in front of the class. As the weeks went by, the class began to feel more comfortable, dancing from their heart in front of their peers. It's been a wonderful experience watching our class grow and find ways to use each other to create our own individual movement. This class was a great way to begin my journey at Kent State and help all of us to come out of our shells in this new and sometimes scary environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment